The 2000 calorie diet is suitable for those who want to lose weight or even keep it off, because you should only try to have a balance between the main nutrients (fats, carbohydrates and proteins) and distribute the calories in an adequate way, through of natural and nutritious foods, keeping you healthy.
It is very easy to carry, it is advisable to make food in five times, that is, make three meals with two snacks, even some nutrition plans include a third snack before sleep, in addition to exercises at least three times a week and Drinking plenty of water is vital.
2000 calories diet and daily caloric intake
US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) uses a 2,000 calorie per day as an example of the nutritional value that provides information on daily values. This isn’t mean that a 2,000-calorie diet is necessarily better or worse than a 1,200-calorie diet or a 2,500-calorie diet.
But as most of Americans have a daily calorie intake around this number, 2000 calories. Using this figure, the nutrition information provided is likely to be useful for a wide audience. For example:
- A moderately active 30-year woman would consume about 2147 calories to maintain her weight.
- A slightly active 40-year man would consume about 2195 calories to maintain his weight
- A very active 25-year woman would consume about 2143 calories to maintain her weight
- A sedentary, non-athletic and less muscular people would consume about 1828 calories to maintain weight.
A person who is trying to lose or gain weight would adjust their daily caloric intake to achieve their specific health goals..
Diet distribution of 2,000 calories
An example of a meal plan might look like this:
Breakfast (about 500 calories)
- 2 fried or scrambled eggs
- 1 slice of whole wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 half grapefruit or small glass of juice
Snack (100 calories)
- An average apple
Lunch (about 650 calories)
- Turkey sandwich on rye bread with mayonnaise
- Carrot sticks and celery with hummus
- An average chocolate chip cookie
- A glass of milk 2%
Snack (100 calories)
- A small snack bar
Dinner (650 calories)
- Grilled salmon (4 ounces) with lemon
- Small baked potato with butter
- Steamed broccoli
- Half a cup of vanilla ice cream
What are the daily values?
Daily values or DVs are nutritional recommendations based on the advice of national health experts. Values are shown for a 2000 calorie diet and a 2500 calorie diet.
Based on DV information, a person who eats 2,000 calories a day should consume:
- Less than 65 grams or 585 calories from fat
- Less than 20 grams or 180 calories from saturated fats
- At least 275 grams or 1100 calories from carbohydrates
- About 50 grams or 200 calories of protein
- Less than 2,400 milligrams of sodium
- Less than 300 milligrams of cholesterol
- About 25 milligrams of dietary fiber
- not more than 50 grams of sugar
- 20 micrograms of vitamin D
- 1,300 milligrams of calcium
- 18 mg of iron
- 4,700 milligrams of potassium
Note that these values are recommendations and not a specific prescription for good health or nutrition. A dietitian or health professional can provide nutritional recommendations to meet your specific health needs. In addition, pregnant women and children have different recommended values for macronutrients, vitamins and minerals.
What is the percentage of daily value?
Percent Daily Value (% DV or% Daily Value) tells you how much a food contributes to the recommended total intake of a given nutrient. Percent Daily Values are shown in a column on the right side of the Nutrition Facts label.
You can use the % Daily Value figures to see if you are getting the recommended intake of important nutrients such as fat, protein, calcium, and fiber. You can also use the data to make sure you do not get too much of certain nutrients that should be limited, such as saturated fats or cholesterol.
For each nutrient, the label indicates the number of grams or milligrams a single serving of that food provides. This information is listed in a column on the left side of the label. For example, you could look on the label of your favorite snack and see that it provides two grams of saturated fat.
But on the right side of the label you will see a percentage. It shows you the contribution of this food in this nutrient if you follow the diet of 2000 calorie a day.
If you eat 2,000 calories a day, the daily value for saturated fat is 20 grams a day or less. Since your favorite snack provides 2 grams of saturated fat, it would provide 10 percent of your total saturated fat intake for the day. You would see “10%” in the “% Daily Value” column.
Different ways to use the percentage of daily value
What if you do not eat 2,000 calories a day? You can use the information of daily percentage values to:
- Make food comparisons. Make sure to compare foods with similar portions. Check the size of the portion at the top of the Nutrition Facts label. Then, check the% Daily Value column to see which food contributes the most nutrients you need and fewer nutrients you do not have.
- Check claims on food packaging. For example, you might see a food that says it’s “lower in calories.” But it may not be really low in calories.
You can also check nutrient claims. Foods that provide 5 percent DV of a particular nutrient are considered low and those that provide 20 percent DV or more are considered high. For example, if your favorite cereal announces that it is a good source of fiber, you can check the daily percentage value on the Nutrition Facts label to see if it is a high-grade food. If the percentage of the daily value for fiber is 25%, the cereal is a high fiber food.
- Make food compromises to improve your diet. As you become more comfortable using the percentage of daily value on the Nutrition Facts label, you can scan it quickly to exchange low-nutrient foods for nutrient-rich foods. If you are trying to increase your protein intake, you can look for foods that have a higher percentage of protein.
Benefits of a 2000 calorie diet:
Because this diet has a wide variety of positive effects for the body, below we will detail each of them and how they influence the body of the person at the time of wanting to lose weight.
Function of the 2000 calories: in which the person consumes all the foods that contain the daily calories established by this diet, the organism begins to function effectively in the burning of fat that is in it, allowing the metabolism to work excellent and the weight loss is successful.
Healthy life: as is well known, starting a diet, in addition to changing the food that should be eaten, people begin to create some habits and eliminate others, changing their routine completely and generating another nutritional method that includes a lot in the body, which allows you to have a healthy life and feel good.
There are no restrictions: one of the most important factors in this diet, is that unlike others, does not force the person to stop eating some things or prevents some meals, this diet is the opposite of what is currently known. since it allows to continue eating of all foods, and focuses on generating schedules so that these are consumed in order to achieve the desired effect.
Energy: like any diet, it is essential to eat fruits, vegetables, and lean meats, which generates strength in the body, making the person feel very energetic despite removing fat from their body.
Sensation of satiety: due to the marked objectives of this diet and the modality in which it is performed, it allows the person to have a feeling of fullness at all times and for no reason to generate hunger that causes excessive meals. In this way it helps the body to lose weight.
Do you eat a 2000 calorie diet?
Many smart consumers and healthy eaters do not know how many calories they consume each day. If you are not a big eater, you could eat 1500 calories a day or even less. You may not know how to use daily values and percentages of daily values on the Nutrition Facts label.
If you are trying to lose weight or improve your diet, you should have a good estimate of your daily caloric intake. You can use any online calories counter for that. Once you have your number, you can adjust it to meet your goals and use the Nutrition Facts label to evaluate how each food contributes to your daily plan.
Remember that the information provided on the Nutrition Facts label is based on general guidelines. Using it can help you eat a well-balanced diet for good health. If you need personalized nutritional advice to manage a health problem, talk to your doctor or ask a dietitian for advice.
Does it work for all people?
This response is positive and for that reason it is one of the most chosen and used diets, since it has no limit or prohibits depending on age, it can be used by any person and applied to your liking including the foods that you think best and that allow achieve the content of 2000 calories per day for the days that it is established.
Read also: keys to a successful diet
Please subscribe to site channel on youtube here