You want to lose weight and do not really know how to do it? To lose weight permanently, it is better to make some food adjustments and some exercises rather than deprive yourself unnecessarily.
You can lose a few pounds on two conditions: change your eating habits and increase your physical activity. If you do not practice any physical exercise today, you do not necessarily have to play sports, but a daily walk or a little swimming every week can already do a lot.
Warning ! If you have to lose five pounds or more, consult a doctor or dietician because you need regular follow-up.
The basic rules for losing weight
To change your diet, it is necessary to reduce the caloric intake moderately, specially the fat and the fast sugars and adopt an one of low calorie diets. It is essential to respect good dietary practices by adding a few simple rules.
Do not skip meals, especially the breakfast which must stay copious. Have a light meal in the evening;
Do not eat anything except meals. If you are hungry between meals, drink a large glass of water, coffee or tea without sugar. Drink also before the meal and in the middle of the meal;
Continue to eat starchy foods at every meal: pasta, rice, potatoes or bread. They provide a sense of satiety and provide the energy you need, as well as fiber. On the other hand all that accompanies them is to limit: fat sauces, butter, cheese, fresh cream, etc. It is therefore necessary to consume these starches alone or with a seasoning without sugar or fat;
Remove sugary soft drinks;
Remove alcohol and beer. You can continue to drink wine, preferably red, limiting yourself to one drink a day;
Avoid eating out of your home because it is more difficult to control your diet. In the restaurant it is sometimes possible, with friends it is more difficult … If you make a good meal to several, it is necessary to try to reduce the quantities and especially never to serve you a dish;
Choose lean meats and opt for poultry without skin, fish and shellfish;
Beware of hidden fats: avoid all meats in sauce, fatty meats, gratins rich in milk, butter or cream, gruyere and eggs, fries, pastries and pastries, sweets and chocolate, ice cream, cakes aperitifs;
Eat vegetables at will and in all their forms: raw, cooked, in soup;
Eat two fruits a day, but not more;
Choose the right way to cook food:
Meats: grilled or roasted;
Fish: grilled, baked or microwaved, or in foil;
Vegetables: steamed, stewed or microwave
Make the seasonings and sauces the least greasy possible: put some oil, butter or cream, then use lemon, yoghurt, bouillon cube and soy sauce, finally season to taste with herbs and spices.
How to lose weight permanently?
To lose weight you have to rely on some solid principles:
Give yourself time, at least a month to lose 2 to 3 kilos;
Prevent cravings and fatigue
Stick to the rules set at the start;
Avoid vitamin and mineral deficiencies;
Do not use drugs or special diet foods;
Keep a maximum of pleasure to eat.
To slim down, determination above all!
While respecting these nutritional rules, to lose weight it is good to know how to choose the least energy foods. It is therefore useful to know roughly the nutritional value of some common foods.
It remains for you to be determined and not to give in to all the temptations. The first week is often difficult but the first kilo lost is encouraging! However small differences are allowed provided that they are exceptional. It’s up to you to find a balance without falling into the obsession with food and frustration. Otherwise, you risk cracking and nibbling impulsively, then feel guilty and put off depriving yourself, and thus fall into a completely unproductive cycle compared to your goal of weight loss!
How to manage your meals?
Management, a term that is a bit scary but that highlights the fact that a meal is taken on time and not at any time of the day!
We also do not start a slimming diet without having recorded well, no, skipping a meal does not lose weight! This is also the first tip to respect to lose weight.
American researchers have just confirmed this through a study of nearly 120 overweight or obese women. The latter all followed a slimming diet under the watchful eye of researchers. Among their findings, skipping a meal or eating too fast would be detrimental to the diet.
Why ? Because when you are depriving yourself of a meal, you simply tend to gorge yourself at the next meal.
Evidently, the foodstuffs on which people first meet when the belly shouts famine, are very well caloric foods.
Keep a food diary to lose weight
But, to realize the quantities of food that we swallow and their bold type or not, nothing better than keeping a diary where each meal is noted in the least detail: meal time, dishes and drinks on the menu …
Not to mention the small (or large) nibbles that are, however, prohibited but which we do not always resist.
Lose weight: avoid going to the restaurant
Finally, the last enemy of dieting, the one that undermines the nutrition of people eager to lose weight quickly, is on every corner. Well almost. Because this place is none other than the restaurant.
In fact, eating out does not necessarily make you fat, but it certainly makes you lose weight less quickly. Simply because at the restaurant portions of food are more important than at home.
Apart from the quantity, there is also the quality that comes into play at the restaurant: the dishes are often less balanced and grow to succumb to temptation!
Instead of the meal, it is better to be satisfied with a light dinner.
Short feeding tips
- Good things are presented in small packages. Here is a tip to eat your fill without consuming too large portions: cut into small pieces of high calorific products such as cheese or chocolate. You will feel when eating them that there is more than it seems.
- Do not completely remove the sauces. If you love fat sauces, do not just make them disappear from your menus. All you have to do is replace them with lighter products, whether it’s soft cheeses or mayonnaise.
- Put yourself in the water. Have the reflex to drink a glass of water instead of nibbling things full of fat. It’s a good thing for your health and for your line. So drink without hesitation! To brighten the six to eight glasses of water you need to drink, add a little lemon or lime juice.
- Herbs and spices: the choice of taste. Make a good stock of spices and create a mini herb garden on the edge of your kitchen window. Spices and herbs add incredible flavor to foods without adding a single calorie.
- Make a lighter soup. Prepare a good amount of soup and put it in the refrigerator before eating. Once cooled, the grease will rise to the surface and you can easily remove it.
- Be attentive to your desires. If you want something sweet, eat sweet, but try to make a balanced choice, by choosing a fruit for example. Same thing for the cravings of crispy things: prefer the popcorn chips because they are very fat. The key is simply to make a wise substitution!
- Gradually add fruits and vegetables. If you are not used to eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, go ahead gradually. Start by adding to the dishes you usually eat. Put salad leaves or vegetables in your sandwiches, or add some fruit to your cereal.
- Want to be able to easily identify high caloric dishes? So remember the following words: au gratin, parmesan, tempura, cream and carbonara, and eat it in moderation.
- When you eat, do not do many other things at the same time. If you work, read or watch TV while you eat, you will not realize what you are drinking, you will not enjoy it either. Now eat at the table, chew slowly and pay attention to the taste and texture of what is on your plate. You will enjoy your meals better and you will eat less.
- Make discoveries. Expand your culinary repertoire, and you’ll find that healthy foods can ultimately be tastier than you thought. Buy new fruits or vegetables (have you ever eaten plantain, pak choy, carambola or papaya?).
- Let each meal have something on your plate, a piece of bread, half a sandwich, the bread of your burger, and ask yourself if, having eaten a little less than expected, you are not even satiated.
- Learn to understand the size of your portions. We quickly underestimate the actual amount of food we eat. Today, we must go beyond a simple estimate, we must be sure. Ask how much is a serving, read the label directions, weigh your food. And learn the equivalencies of portions: thus, a portion of pasta must correspond more or less to the size of a tennis ball.
- Make wise substitutions. Learn to replace discouraged foods with healthier foods. Establish today a system of substitution that suits you: use skim milk instead of whole milk, try the whole bread instead of white bread.
- Tomorrow, take your meal to work. By preparing your own meal you will learn to master the portions you need. That will change you from the lunches to the restaurant and the takeaways that often offer little choice to those who wish to have a healthy diet in everyday life (not to mention the prices charged).
- Do not deprive yourself of dessert. You must not deprive yourself of everything permanently. You can enjoy yourself from time to time, especially since now you can eat without being haunted by this eternal feeling of guilt: be careful to apply your portion control technique, and, to make up, try to do a little no more exercise or skip your little afternoon snack.
- Ask what you need. Tell your mother-in-law that you do not want to take it back. Ask your other half to stop offering you chocolate. Advocate actively
Please subscribe to site channel on youtube here