Model diet needs to do effort in on a daily basis to stay in shape, eat healthy and have the confidence to do the work. Here are some of the most incredible (and repugnant) Model diet “tricks” – some surprising, and some not so much – practiced by runway models, Victoria’s Secret models, and so many others. They vary based on profession, and they are unique to women because many men will attempt to bulk or preserve muscle, whereas women often deliberately waste muscle away. These techniques also tend towards starvation behaviors, since starvation is, well, what women in America often just plain do.
Models bring their own food with them to runway shows.
Most events such as these, have catered food for all of the models and staff. However, a model never knows if there is going to be healthy food choices available. To minimize splurging, models bring their own food with them, such as granola bars and other snacks. Anyone in the corporate world can certainly take advantage of this tip as well.
Taking appetite suppressants
The amount of diet pills and supplements on shelves today is alarming. You have your pick of dozens and dozens. Do they work? Sometimes they actually do, but not in the way that you want.
Hoodia, for example, is a powerful appetite-suppressant that gained its fame from the claim that hunters in the Kalahari desert use the herb to stave off hunger on long hunts. Recently it was produced and marketed by Phytopharm, now owned by Ixico, Phytopharm claimed for a time that in a study the firm conducted a 1000 calorie reduction was adopted by study participants on Hoodia. Later it rescinded its rights as it found the pill unsatisfactory.
Pfizer also apparently purchased the rights to develop Hoodia (or rather, p57, the “miracle” molecule extracted from the plant) as a product then sold them back because it apparently has toxic effects on the liver, in addition to causing muscle wasting (from calorie deficits), adrenal overdrive, insomnia, and, over time, extreme hunger.
Eat Salmon for breakfast.
First of all, salmon is an extremely healthy fish and when you have the opportunity to have this fresh, you are doing your body an extreme favor. Model Anya Kazakova, will have this for breakfast combined with Gazpacho soup and beet juice. The bottom line here, model or not, is to have a protein rich diet, combined with veggies if need be. While salmon isn’t a miracle weight-loss alternative, salmon is certainly a better choice than the heavy choices like high carbohydrate breakfasts, and heavy cheese omelettes.
The cabbage soup diet has been around now for decades, originating (at least according to hypotheses at the American Dietetics Association) in World War II as soldiers starved but needed enough vitamin C in order to forestall the onset of scurvy. In the 1990s, it again emerged, this time as a weight loss plan. The diet of course varies by recommendation and practitioners, yet Diet.com describes a specific menu, with the understanding that an unlimited amount of cabbage soup can be eaten each day.
- Day One: Eat only the cabbage soup (water, chicken stock, and cabbage with limited amounts of other vegetables) and all the fruit you want (except bananas). Cantaloupe and watermelon are recommended. Permissible drinks are water, black coffee, cranberry juice, or unsweetened tea.
- Day Two: No fruit. Raw or cooked vegetables can be eaten in unlimited quantity along with the soup, except for corn, peas, and beans. A baked potato with butter can be eaten at dinnertime.
- Day Three: Unlimited fruit or vegetables, but no baked potato.
- Day Four: Eat at least three and as many as eight bananas, and drink an unlimited amount of skim milk. Day Four is supposed to curb a desire for sweets.
- Day Six: Eat cabbage soup at least once during the day; otherwise, an unlimited amount of beef and vegetables can be consumed, but no baked potato.
- Day Seven: Eat an unlimited amount of brown rice and vegetables and drink an unlimited amount of unsweetened fruit juice. Cabbage soup must be eaten at least once during the day. No bread, alcohol, or carbonated beverages (including diet soda) are allowed.
On this diet, gurus promise 10-17 pounds of weight loss per week. Definitely this is largely due to water loss, but if you can manage to stick to it, serious calories sluice off as well.
Drink Lots of Water.
Yes, water is your friend and try to have an earth friendly water bottle on you at all times. This is completely something that any human being needs to encompass. While there are numerous obvious benefits, water will help every aspect of your body, from weight loss to overall health.
Wearing a corset to shrink your rib cage
Women here, coached by plastic surgeons based out of Los Angeles, squeeze themselves into corsets to “train” their muscles and lower rib cage bones to trend inward, creating thinner waists. They work themselves up to waering the corsets for 12 hours a day several days in a row, take an off day, then squeeze right back in. Doctors claim they can lose up to six inches off their waists. When corset-wearer Diane Lopez was asked by ABC News what she hoped to achieve with these practices, she said “a tiny waist, of course, like Barbie.”
The 22 day vegan cleanse (speaking of Beyonce)
Beyonce has long been a figurehead for unapologetically curvy women in Hollywood. Remember the incredibly fierce and shapely performance at the 2013 Superbowl? In December 0f 2013, however, Beyonce and her husband Shawn Carter (Jay-Z) undertook a 22 day vegan cleanse. Beyonce also doubled the amount of sprint based and dancing exercise she did. This cleanse entailed:
- A “plant based” breakfast
- “Plant smoothie” for lunch
- And snacks on hand, which include fresh edamame and cucumber slices. (So filling.)
Husband Jay Z described the cleanse on his Life and Times blog as “a spiritual and physical challenge.” No kidding. Beyonce dropped several dress sizes and now can boast that she has achieved the American female body flavor of the year, the thigh gap.