Pasta diet is based on eating pasta to lose weight. This diet is simple and inexpensive. You can lose weight easily and slim down at a low price. Pasta diet to lose weight at first glance seems a crazy idea but many women and men have already adopted this diet and managed to lose fat effortlessly. Discover here how they succeeded and what did they do?
Pasta diet: Why eating pasta makes you lose weight?
The staple of this slimming diet are pasta for 3 main reasons:
The satiety index IS of pasta
The first reason is that the pasta has a high index of satiety which gives them a cheeky appearance that can cut the hunger and thus avoid the nibbling that makes you fat. This is particularly true for whole wheat pasta that contains more protein which fills the stomach for longer.
Caloric intake of pasta
The second reason that pasta is weight loss lies in their extremely low calorie intake. Indeed, pasta contains very few calories and very little fat, only 90 kcal per 100g which equates to only 180 calories for a plate of natural pasta. Pasta may be high in carbohydrates which is confusing because it is commonly accepted that carbohydrates can cause weight gain but it must be remembered that pasta does not grow fat for the simple reason that they contain 0% fat.
Slow sugars contained in pasta
The third reason is that the pasta-based diet causes weight loss because the pasta contains slow-moving sugars, which gives you energy throughout the day. However, the difficulty in a restrictive diet is fatigue. Indeed, pasta has a glycemic index between 40 and 50 so they digest slowly without increasing insulin which is the hormone that stimulates appetite. Slow sugars should make up at least half of our diet.
It should also be noted that the wheat that is pasta contains B vitamins and phytosterol which are cholesterol-fighting molecules which is ideal for weight loss.
How does it work?
The phase of slimming
Each day includes the 3 essential meals breakfast, lunch and dinner. You can eat until reach satiety, there is no fasting practice to lose weight.
Pasta is not only the allowed food. You will eat other foods that lose weight and more pasta you eat at one of your meals, either at lunch or dinner.
You will have several cycles of 7 days with 6 days consisting of menus containing pasta and 1 day “free” where you can do without pasta if you wish.
The principle of this diet is based on the fact that we can’t remove certain foods at the expense of depriving ourselves of their nutrients. To lose weight, you have to maintain a wide variety of foods to benefit from their benefits.
But it is necessary to reduce fat consumption to a maximum. 1 tablespoon of oil or 10g of butter is the maximum amount of fat allowed per meal.
On the other hand, you will see that this slimming diet appeals to your body. The menu is pre-established but you have the freedom to manage the quantities according to your feelings.
The stabilization phase
Once you have managed to get rid of excess pounds, you will go through a phase of stabilization that will allow you to gradually return to a balanced diet to keep the line and do not gain back lost pounds.
You will continue to eat pasta but only every other day.
What can you eat in a pasta diet?
You will have the choice between three types of pasta:
- Wholemeal pasta: made from whole wheat flour
- Gluten pasta: they contain more protein but less carbohydrate because the wheat flour that composes it is enriched in gluten (a protein found in wheat but also in oats or barley) .
- Pasta with vegetables and wholemeal wheat: they combine the benefits of wheat with the plant nutrients used in their composition (carrots, spinach, tomatoes …).
Apart from pasta, you will have to eat a lot of vegetables to lose weight in order to benefit from other vegetable proteins (dried beans, nuts, almonds, peas, peanuts, chickpeas, pine nuts). You can eat grilled vegetables, steamed or soup, which gives a consistent appearance to hold all day. In parallel you will have to eat fish or lean meats (chicken breast, turkey …) and spices.
What type of pasta is best suited to lose weight faster with this diet?
The glycemic load
To find out what is the best type of pasta with this diet, it is necessary to take into account the criterion of the glycemic load which indicates the capacity of a food to increase our sugar level in the blood. You will understand that the lower this index is, the better it is to lose weight.
Here is the pasta with low glycemic load:
- Asian noodles
- Ravioli with meat without sauce
- Complete spaghetti
Here is some pasta to avoid:
- Cheese macaroni (prepared dish)
- Asian noodles with rice flour
- Rice vermicelli
- Meat ravioli with sauce
The index of satiety
- It is also worth comparing the satiety indices of each type of pasta because it is obvious that it comes into play when you choose your pasta to follow this diet. Here are pasta having the best satiety index:
- Dry pasta with eggs
- Complete dry pasta
- Classic dry pasta
Fresh pasta (sold in a refrigerator in supermarkets)
In conclusion, Classic pasta is recommended because they contain fewer calories than egg pasta.
How long does the pasta diet last?
The slimming diet is spread over 1 month and consists of 2 periods of 2 weeks.
The weight loss phase lasts 2 weeks with 2 times (6 days with pasta + 1 free day). This is where you will lose all your pounds.
The stabilization phase also lasts 2 weeks. You may continue to lose weight during this time but this is not your primary goal. The purpose of this phase is primarily to make you resume good eating habits in order not to regain weight after your diet.
How many pounds can you lose with this slimming diet?
With the pasta diet you can lose 2 to 3 kilos a week and you have to stay motivated from the beginning to the end.
This diet lasts only a month and it is not very restrictive so it is not suitable for people who have a lot of pounds to lose.
This means that on the whole diet you will succeed in losing almost 5 kilos in 1 month.
What are the benefits of this diet?
- This is a diet that suits a lot of people the success of pasta is: who does not like pasta?. This allows those who follow the diet to feel less frustrated and have a better chance of getting slimmer
- It’s a cheap diet as it depends only on pasta.
- Pasta is easy and quick to prepare, so it’s a relatively simple diet to follow and set up on a daily basis.
- It is very easy to vary the flavors (spices, cheese sauce, tomato sauce)
- It is a diet that works because it is not too restrictive, the food is varied and the stabilization phase facilitates a return to a healthy diet
- The 7th day of free allows you to make a break but you must of course learn not to crack
What are the disadvantages?
- It goes without saying that you must love pasta. Anyone who does not crave should instead try a high protein diet or a gluten-free diet for example
- On the other hand there may be a disappointment for those who thought they could lose weight by eating only pasta. We must also not neglect the other nutrients and also feed with the other foods that are indicated in the menus.
- Do not start this diet without the advice of a doctor or nutritionist. Each person with these backgrounds, it is important to make sure that no contraindications occur for you.
- Some people may feel hungry by using this diet, so choose the pasta with the highest Satiety Index, dry egg pasta or whole wheat pasta. In snack you can take a fruit or fruit juice to fill your appetite.
What advice should I apply if I choose this diet plan?
- Do not consume in addition to other starchy foods than pasta.
- It is important when eating to take the time to eat and to chew one’s food to facilitate digestion and encourage satiety. Each meal should last a minimum of 30 minutes. One tip is to rest your cutlery between each bite.
- If you feel hungry you can consume a fruit (1 apple for example).
- To better eliminate your fats and toxins, you need to drink a lot of water.
- Do not add any fat.
- Sugar is forbidden.
- Give preference to French pasta, which is generally made from durum wheat, which contains more protein and has a higher degree of satiety than pasta wheat flour from China or other countries.
- Sauces do not make pasta fat. If you like sauces, make them based on only vegetable or cottage cheese.
- Whole pasta is richer in fiber so it is recommended. Avoid egg pasta because it contains 130 cal for 100g against 90 for classic pasta.
- Do not over cook pasta. If the pasta is a little crunchy or al dente, it acts on chewing and you eat more slowly which makes you lose weight.
What are the suggested menus?
You will discover below an example of menus including slimming pasta recipes.
Breakfast: coffee, tea or herbal tea to lose weight + 1 fruit
Lunch: grilled chicken breast with spices and steamed vegetables
Dinner: pasta with baked vegetables
Breakfast: herbal tea + fruit
Lunch: white cheese slimming 0% and steaming vegetables
Dinner: Twists with mushrooms and basil
Breakfast: 1 slice of wholemeal bread and 1 infusion.
Lunch: Baked fish with a little curry for taste and steamed vegetables
Dinner: spinach and ricotta lasagna
Breakfast: herbal tea and 1 fruit
Lunch: roast veal and broccoli
Dinner: shells with grilled vegetables
Breakfast: toast with white cheese and 1 infusion
Lunch: grilled fish and steamed vegetables
Dinner: spaghetti with peas and vegetables baked
Breakfast: 1 slice of bread with jam without sugar and 1 infusion
Lunch: grilled rabbit and steamed vegetables
Dinner: Twists and vegetables baked
Free day. You are free from your menu but you must avoid sugars and fat.
Breakfast: coffee without sugar and 1 fruit
Lunch: grilled chicken breast and steamed vegetables
Dinner: pasta with a little paprika for the taste and grilled vegetables
Breakfast: 1 slice of wholemeal bread with cheese and 1 infusion
Lunch: fish in foil and steamed vegetables
Dinner: whole wheat pasta with salad and grilled vegetables
Breakfast: coffee without sugar and 1 fruit.
Lunch: cottage cheese, chicken leg and steamed vegetables
Dinner: spaghetti with fresh tomato
Breakfast: toast with jam without sugar and 1 herbal tea
Lunch: grilled pork with grilled vegetables and cottage cheese
Dinner: pasta with peas and grilled vegetables.
Breakfast: coffee and 1 fresh fruit
Lunch: grilled fish with steamed vegetables and 1 yogurt 0%
Dinner: vermicelli soup with grilled vegetables
Breakfast: 1 slice of wholemeal bread and 1 coffee without sugar
Lunch: turkey breast and grilled vegetables
Dinner: pasta with peppers and vegetables, 1 slice of bread with cottage cheese
Free day. You are free from your menu but you must avoid sugars and fat.
Snacks: In the middle of the morning and for tea, you can take a fruit juice or a fruit if you have a small craving.
These menus and recipes are just suggestions, as it is said before you must be listening to your body and you have the opportunity to vary the accompaniments according to your tastes. One rule to follow: pasta at least once a day then no sugar and no fat or so in minute proportions.
After the first 2 weeks you will follow the stabilization phase. You will not be forced to eat pasta every day during this stage of diet, unless you want it. You can take again the menus presented above by slightly increasing the quantities of fat but in reasonable quantity, 1 tablespoon of oil or 10g of butter are the maximum quantity of fat allowed per meal.
Read also: keys to a successful diet
Please subscribe to site channel on youtube here